Sunday, April 27, 2008

Some thoughts

Hey all,

Just was thinking about it all.
By it all, I mean all of it,
The whole thing,
The dirt, roots, trunk, leaves, and sky,
The whole deal.
Its a pretty good deal,
Pretty damn good I'd say.
Thats what I try to remind myself of,
When I'm ridin' high,
And when I'm skulking the bottom,
I try to remind myself that its a good deal.

I'm cruisin' right along, I guess,
Just chillin,
But I should be getting at the meat of it,
The real cream,
Enjoying every minute, second,
Every point in time,
Every immeasurable hair split of time.
Should be recognizing it,
Giving it some credit.
Remembering.

Sometimes it seems like theres not enough power,
Engines running full throttle,
Can't go any faster.
But its just laziness, It can be overcome.
It takes learning, practice, time.
Any veteran of anything can tell you that.
Same with this,
Same with remembering.

Summer's going to be tough,
Regular tires on the sand,
Hope I don't sink right through,
We can make it if we just ease,
Don't floor it, but for God's sake don't stop!
Can't stop, or else you won't get going again,
Floor it and you'll hit bottom for sure,
Just take it easy, workin' the clutch when you can,
Let her do the same,
She will if she's smart,
If she doesn't, maybe she's not worth keeping anyways.

But I want to keep her,
Hope she understands,
How to drive on sand.

She's amazing, to observe,
But even better to experience firsthand.
It's been real fun,
Hope this isn't the end. She's real good.
But she's also a wild animal,
Lord knows she's got a crazy soul.
You can teach a wild dog to not bite you,
Or to come when you yell,
Maybe even to sit down,
But he's still wild,
If he wants to run away, you can't stop him,
He might bite, he might growl,
He's wild, always has been, always will be.

But still you keep him,
He's real nice to have around in the good times,
But when winter hits,
When the cold sets in, freezes everything,
He can make you feel the ice in your heart,
In every artery, vein, ventricle,
Every cavity, scolding with icicles.

I'm treading on thin ice,
I need to calm down,
Keep the heart beating slow,
So the monster won't hear,
The dreaded monster,
He hears all, it seems,
Won't let you have nothin',
He's vicious,
Can break your bones,
Crush you with his fists, or even his ears,
He's a maniac,
Seems nobody gets away,
Maybe I will, just maybe,
Maybe my technique will pay off,
Who knows,
It can't hurt trying,
At least this way, I'm not worse off then I started
Of if I end up worse,
I've learned something for sure.
And you sure as hell can't be worse off if you've learned something.
So I'm gonna keep walking,
Nice and slow,
Just enjoying,
Remembering.
Everything.

No comments: